Homework and Volunteer Help
We will have homework every week, which we will not only send home with your child, but we will also e-mail it home and post it on the web site via the Printable Homework tab to the left. The purpose of the homework is to help facilitate a dialogue between you and your child on what we are discussing, and hopefully they are learning, in class each week. It is important that you do that. Your child should return with their homework the following week (even if we’ve had a two-week break). We keep track of the homework and the small group with the highest returned homework percentage at the end of the year wins a pizza party for their small group. Students with perfect returned home percentages receive a special prize too. You can include your e-mail address on this week’s homework, or you can e-mail Stacey Beres (email@example.com), who will be coordinating our homework e-mails. Starting next week, you should also be able to find the homework on our parish website (www.olchesapeake.org).
Also, we need lots of help each year from parents with snacks, parties, and events. Below is a list and description. If you would be willing and are able to help, please let me know – you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please know that events with an asterisk (*) next to them will require parent volunteers to be STAND trained (child protection), which can be done on-line (www.olchesapeake.org).
- * Snack Coordinator each week (set up and clean up snacks)
- * Drive/Chaperone for Regional Bowling Trip – Sept. 29th
- Bake treats for Halloween Party (brownies, cookies, cupcakes, etc.) – Oct. 22nd
- * Drive/Chaperone for Halloween Trip – Oct. 26th (evening)
- Help with Thanksgiving Feast – Nov. 12th
- * Assist with babysitting for Christmas - Dec. 16th from 1-5pm (REALLY need help)
- Bake treats for Christmas Party (brownies, cookies, cupcakes, etc.) – Dec. 17th
- * Chaperone for ski trip to Whitetail – Jan. 28th from 5:30am to 11pm
- * Chaperone for snow tubing trip to Liberty – Feb. 23rd from 6:30am to 3pm
- Bake treats for closing Fun Day (brownies, cookies, cupcakes, etc.) – May 6th
Thank you for all your support. If you have any questions, please contact me (410-255-3677 or email@example.com). WE ARE AT YOUR SERVICE!